POSITION TITLE Box Office Associate/Production Coordinator (BOA/PC)
SALARY $12.25/hour plus benefits
TYPE Full-time, non-exempt
DEADLINE May 22, 2015
Bloomington Theatre and Art Center (BTAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to enrich the cultural fabric of the communities we serve by providing high quality performing arts, visual arts, and arts education programs, and welcoming and nurturing talent. BTAC is located within the Bloomington Center for the Arts, a multidisciplinary complex owned and operated by the City of Bloomington and programmed by BTAC and six other independent arts organizations. On July 1, 2015, BTAC will change its name to Artistry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The BOA/PC staffs our customer service desk between 25 and 30 hours per week on average and must be available to work some weekends and evenings. Additionally, the BOA/PC plays an integral role in producing eight Bloomington Civic Theatre shows per season, working closely with the Director of Performing Arts and numerous independent contractors. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting patrons, students, and artists who enter the arts offices suite for meetings or to purchase ticket sales, register for classes, or shop in the gift shop
- rocessing telephone and online ticket sales and class registrations
- ommunicating with current and prospective students about class schedules, supply lists, tuition payments, etc.
- orking at the will call desk for some performances, including processing ticket orders and coordinating with the front-of-house staff
- upporting and serving as a liaison between the organization and production team members, cast, and crew by coordinating schedules, distributing cast and crew stipends, planning and staffing opening night parties, and completing other tasks
- Helping ensure organized auditions and rehearsals by taking care of scheduling, room arrangements, paperwork, and related details
- Supporting stage managers with production scheduling and fittings, recruiting crew members, and handling a variety of other administrative tasks
- Providing general administrative support for performing arts programming
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Theater/performing arts major or equivalent theater experience preferred. Retail/box office experience preferred.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills; math and computer proficiency and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Attributes: Energy, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude; resourcefulness; patience, flexibility, adaptability, and a collaborative nature; good sense of humor; thrives in a fast-paced environment; prefers too much to do over too little.
Abilities: Ability to make appropriate decisions independently; to confront and resolve conflicts in a timely, respectful manner; to work independently and as member of a diverse team; and to accept responsibility for setbacks and successes as appropriate.
Qualified applicants should provide a résumé and cover letter (no longer than one page) by 5 p.m. on May 22, 2015. Materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bloomington Theatre and Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.