At the Black Box Theater...
December 13 – 31, 2013
View the Cast List
THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL: Aly Westberg
S.A.D. LIGHT SELLER: Molly Jo Hall
MUSICAL DIRECTOR, ENSEMBLE, PIANIST: James P. Barnett
ENSEMBLE, VIOLINIST: Helen Hassinger
ENSEMBLE, DRUMMER: Dustin Valenta
ENSEMBLE, GUITARIST: Ben Schrade
“In the quest for ideal holiday entertainment, Striking 12 strikes gold.” –Los Angeles Times
Striking 12 returns as BCT’s annual holiday show weaving a modern-day New Year’s Eve into Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fable “The Little Match Girl.” This unique hybrid of musical theater and live concert tells the story of a grumpy, overworked New Yorker whose resolve to spend New Year’s Eve alone crumbles when an unexpected visitor brings some much needed cheer. The show springs to life through an eclectic score of new music with roots in classical, musical theater, jazz and rock.
Co-created by GrooveLily and Tony Award-winning writer Rachel Sheinkin (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee).
SAVE THE DATE!
Ring in the New Year by attending the final performance of Striking 12 on December 31 at 7:30 p.m. Click here for more information!
By Brendan Milburn, Rachel Sheinkin, and Vallerie Vigoda
- Original New York City Production produced by Nancy Nagel Gibbs and Greg Schaffert
- Striking 12 was originally presented by Prince Music Theatre, Philadelphia
- Subsequently produced at The Globe, San Diego, California
- Striking 12 was developed at TheatreWorks, Palo Alto California
- Striking 12 was presented at the National Alliance for Musical Theatre's Festival of New Musicals in 2004